Everything You Need To Know About Amazon Echo Auto
The Amazon Echo Auto is one of the smallest Alexa-powered devices, weighing less than two ounces and measuring only 3.3 by 1.9 by 0.5 inches, making it ideal for your dashboard.
It has an Action button, a Mute button, and eight microphone holes that can listen to voice commands and enable surround sound reception from anywhere in the vehicle while blocking background and engine noise.
Echo Auto is magnetically attached to a square indented base and mounts onto any air vent. There are also two inputs a 12-volt car adapter and a micro USB. A 3.5mm audio cable is also included for non-Bluetooth-enabled vehicles.
To achieve the best results, users should keep the Echo Auto flat with the top shell (microphone holes) facing upward. With this Amazon Echo Auto voice-assisted speaker, you can ask Alexa to read the news to you while driving.
The integrated eight-microphone system and far-field voice technology ensure you can be heard over road noise and music, while hands-free voice-assisted control allows you to manage your calendar and make calls. In addition, this Amazon Echo Auto voice-assisted speaker features advanced Bluetooth technology that connects to Alexa on your phone and plays music through your car speakers.
How Does Amazon Echo Auto Work?
- Echo Auto functions in the same way as an Amazon Echo device.
- First, say the wake word to activate Alexa, then give the Echo Auto a command.
- Instead of connecting to your home wireless network, the Alexa app for iOS or Android connects Echo Auto to the internet.
- It’s worth noting that Echo Auto connects to the internet via your phone and consumes data from your plan.
- The device is powered by micro-USB and connects to your car’s speaker system via Bluetooth, the included USB cable, or the 3.5 mm auxiliary cable. To detect voice commands, the Echo Auto employs an eight-microphone array.
- Echo Auto can hear commands over car heating and air conditioning, lively conversation, and excessive road noise thanks to these microphones. Setting up takes less than five minutes.
- You can pair it with any of your vehicles because it is small enough to fit in a pocket.
- Alexa, Amazon’s intelligent assistant, is at the heart of Echo Auto. Amazon’s voice assistant is called Alexa, and the Echo device is called Echo Auto.
- If you don’t want the device to listen to you constantly, you can turn off the microphone and tap the activation button instead of saying a wake word.
What Can Amazon Echo Auto Do?
In your vehicle, Echo Auto handles the following tasks:
- Make shopping lists.
- Set up routines and functions based on specific locations, such as your home or workplace
- Schedule appointments on the calendar.
- You can use Google Maps or any other app for directions.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Spotify,Gaana, or podcasts
- Call people.
- Reminders can be added or removed.
- Schedule appointments on the calendar.
- Use Google Maps, and Apple Maps directions.
- Look for locations such as gas stations.
Features showcased by Amazon Echo Auto
- Add Alexa to your car – Echo Auto is powered by the car’s 12V charging socket and USB port. It connects to your stereo system via a 3.5 mm auxiliary cable or Bluetooth.
- Designed for in-car use – with eight microphones echo Alexa has far-field technology, Echo Auto can even hear you over loud music and road noise.
- Do More with Auto Mode – Turn your phone into a driver-friendly display that works with your Echo Auto. See what’s on and save time with one-touch shortcuts to your favorite places, people, and content.
- Hands-free music control– Stream millions of songs in your preferred language from Amazon Prime Music, Gaana, Spotify, JioSaavn, or Apple Music.
- The voice simplifies everything– Get news, weather, cricket scores, nursery rhymes, and stories from Alexa!
- Designed to protect your privacy – You can electronically disconnect the microphones by pressing the microphone off button.
- Examine compatibility – Not all cars and phones are compatible with Echo Auto. Check it out below to see if it will work for you.
- Alexa has over 30,000 skills and is still learning new ones. Skills enhance your Echo device’s capabilities. Skills can help you keep up with the latest news, watch TED talks, and do other things. You can also tell Alexa to show you nearby parking spots by saying, “Alexa, show me nearby parking spots.”
What Is The Need for Amazon Echo Auto
- You will appreciate having access to your smart home devices if you have configured your home to work with the Amazon ecosystem. For example, turn on your lights when you pull into the driveway. Open the garage door or the Switchbot front door lock. Drop in on your home’s Echo speakers or show screens to notify your family that you’re on your way.
- You can use echo auto with any entertainment system or improve the functionality of Android Auto or Apple Car Play. Like Android Auto and Apple Car Play, Echo Auto can be asked for directions, which will launch the phone’s map app and display it on the car’s entertainment screen.
- you can also ask Echo Auto what coffee shops are close to your location, where the nearest gas station is, and what hours it is open.
- The Echo Auto will also tell you the weather and other important information, distinguishing it from the other systems. You also get the added benefit of being able to control your smart home devices.
- If your car stereo does not already support Bluetooth, Echo Auto has a built-in Bluetooth connection through which you can control functions such as music and maps from your phone while interacting with the device.
- It’s worth noting that the Echo Auto lacks a speaker. It will instead play audio through your phone. To hear the Echo Auto through your car speakers, connect your phone to your car via Bluetooth, USB, 3.5 mm auxiliary plug, or any other method you use to connect your phone to your car speakers.
Echo Auto doesn’t replace all-in-one options, if you’re looking to add an intelligent assistant to your car, then the Amazon Echo Auto is a great way to go. Instead, it enhances those apps. In addition, for a great price, the device allows many older model cars to drive into the future.